Energetic school students between the age groups of 12-18 years of age are welcome any time during the year, Each year we have two main volunteer programs: The Spring/ Summer Program starts from April and ends in September and the Fall/Winter Program starts from October till end of February.
Seats are given on first come first served basis and necessary paperwork is required to be completed preferably three weeks before start of each program. Certificates are given to all volunteers. Students who wish to volunteer at TKC either contact us directly or are sent by their respective institutions. Volunteers generally give a minimum of 30 hours and up to 100 hours for their total duration done in 6 days a week (timings may vary).
We mostly accommodated volunteers only during these timings:
Monday to Thursday – 9:30 am-3:00 pm
Fridays – 9:30 am-1:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am-1:30 pm
There are different roles that we expect our volunteers to fulfill at the same time we extend maximum help to these young students for enhancing their abilities and interests for their future professional life by rotating them to different departments. Volunteers are deputed to all or any particular departments within the hospital premises.
Some departments interact directly with patients where volunteers may be expected to:
- Assist staff and patients
- Helping reception staff in data recording
- Distribute informative literature on various types of renal disease
- Evaluate financial assistance required by a needy patient
- Fill in questionnaires for qualification of welfare assistance
- Assist staff by running errands and helping with a variety of tasks
- Bring patients files from the Medical Record
- Guide the patients regarding hospital services and assist them by directing them to different departments of the hospital
- Assist Nursing Staff in making patient’s hospital stay as comfortable as possible
- Spend some time with patients (especially old age and children) comfort them and listen to their problems.
- Help departments with maintenance of records and day to day office matters
- Organize and maintain department’s filing system, help in updating of record
- Assist the marketing depart during activities
- Liaison for small errands if required by other departments
For the school student volunteer program, interested students should contact the DPPGTRC Coordinator well in advance prior to starting their volunteership. Confirmation of space availability is on first-come-first-served basis.
For further details, please contact:
Tel: +92 21 3566 1000-10 Ext. 246